George and Arthur meeting at the local diner in "Four Play" in Season 8.
|Retierd former city construction worker, who ofen meets with Arthur at Doug and Carrie's, the Senio Center|
|manages to put up with Arthur's sometimes petulant ways and remains friends in spite of him|
|Family and Personal|
|Appeared on:||The King of Queens|
|Episodes appeared in:||10 in Seasons 5-9|
|Character played by:||Gerry Black|
George Barksdale, Arthur's best friend who also spends a lot of time with him at the Senior Center, in Seasons 5 through 9 of </span>The King of Queens. The part of George is played in the episode by veteran actor Gerry Black.
About George and ArthurEdit
George, who appears in a total of ten episodes, beginning with "Arthur, Spooner" in Season 5, still remains good friends with Arthur, in spite of Arthur's often childish, petulant, irascilbleand sometimes volatile ways, as in "Four Play" in Season 8, when Arthur calls him to meet in a nearby diner, as, with Doug and Carrie's place, as well as the Senior Community Center, they often do:
- Arthur: I'm in a bit of a time crunch her, but you're obviously a man in crisis. How can I help you?
- George: You called me.
- Arthur: Yes, to share my considerable knowledge and life experience.
- George: I'm older than you!
- Arthur: Then you should be wise enough to heed my advice!
- George: I only came here because you said you'd buy me a cone.
- Arthur: And I will, after we sort out your troubled life.
- George: Now, where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- George: Dead!
- Arthur: Fair enough. 5 years!
- George: I'll tell you where I see myself 5 minutes: back on the bus!