Leah Remini as Carrie
|Legal Secretary (Seasons 1-6) |
|Family and Personal|
|Related to:||Arthur Spooner (father)|
Sophia Spooner (mother, deceased)
|Appeared on:||King of Queens|
|Episodes appeared in:||Seasons 1-8|
|Character played by:||Leah Remini|
Madison Lanc (young)
Alexa Lanc (young)
Rhiannon Leigh Wynn (young)
The beginning Edit
Carrie was born as Simone, on September 11, 1969 in Manhattan, New York. However, her father, Arthur, lost the right to her name in a poker game with Uncle Chester; after which she took the name of Chester’s daughter. Her mother, Sophia, died when Carrie was 15. She later married her husband, Douglas.
In high school, Carrie participated in a chess compensation with some of her friends. She was a straight A student, and was often praise for being well behaved. Carrie had to work through High School, to help her father, who bounced around between jobs.
- Her father, Arthur Spooner, lives in her basement after losing his home in a bushfire.
- Carrie originally had a sister named Sara (portrayed by Lisa Rieffel) who moved in along with Arthur, but she died at the end of first season.
- Carrie has two children with Douglas in the series finale. They have an adopted daughter, Asia, and a second child whose name is never mentioned.
- Carrie was working for a Manhattan law firm, Kaplan, Hornstein & Steckler, for 7 seasons.
Fun Facts Edit
- Her original name was Chester, but Arthur lost the name in a poker game with Uncle Chester.
- Carrie learned how to play Pac-man from her father and is able to beat her husband, Doug, in the game.
- She is very ticklish, as she was tickled into laughter in several episodes.
- Her favorite color is cyan.